Friday, March 4, 2011

Wine of The Week - WesMar Russian River Valley Pinot Noir 2007


Fancy a glass of good Pinot Noir over the weekend? Why not try WesMar’s Russian River Pinot? As the weather begins to warm up a little and we’re moving towards spring, I’ve been looking for lighter wines, still with plenty of flavor and character. I opened a bottle of the WesMar Russian River Pinot yesterday and it satisfied my desires perfectly. Vibrant red fruit, elegant and not overdone, it was absolutely scrumptious. It gets the juices running and thinking I should dust off the barbeque and grill some lamb chops to go with it.

We’ve stocked WesMar for a couple of years now, they’re run by a great husband and wife duo, Kirk Wesley Hubbard and Denise Mary Selyem. Before starting their own venture, they worked with Denise’s farther Ed Selyem at Williams & Selyem Winery. The WesMar wines definitely share some similar characteristics, but when I consider the Selyem wines start around $120 a bottle, the Russian River Valley at $40 is something I can treat myself and my friends to a little more often.

Felix Milner

No comments: